- From the north (I-94)
- At the 494/694 split, take 494 South. After several miles, take 394 East, towards Minneapolis. Proceed on 394 to the exit for Highway 100 south. Get off of 100 South at the 50th Street/Vernon Avenue exit. Turn left (east) on to 50th Street and proceed to Upton Avenue. Take a left on to Upton and drive four blocks north. The park will be on your right. On-street parking will be available.
- From 35W North or South
- Take the 46th Street exit, which is exit #13. Head west on 46th Street (left if coming from the south, right from the north). 46th Street ends at Lake Harriet; take the parkway around the lake. You should be traveling in a counterclockwise direction. If not, you're probably going to get a ticket. You will pass by a bandshell and the trolley station. Beard's Plaisance will be about a half-mile farther, on your right. Look for the sign. On-street and lot parking will be available.
- From the hotels
- From the Lakeland Inn, head east on Highway 7 and turn right at the first stoplight after the overpass, at the fire station. Take another right on to Excelsior Boulevard and drive until you get to France Avenue. Turn left on to France. From the Best Western, take a left out of the parking lot on to Excelsior Boulevard and turn right onto France Avenue. Once on France, head south and turn left on to 42nd Street. Proceed east to Upton Avenue and take a right. You will pass through a small commercial district (Arielle works here, at Wild Rumpus Books). After crossing 45th Street, Beard's Plaisance will be on your left. On-street parking will be available.
Schedule of events
The festivities will start at 4:30 PM on Sunday, August 10th. The reception and dinner will be held at Beard's Plaisance, while the actual ceremony will take place on the Como-Harriet Streetcar Line.
- If you received a trolley token in your invitation
- You're invited along for the 15-minute ride. Take in the experience of riding on a beautifully-restored trolley car and reflect on this well-designed form of mass transit that was sadly destroyed during America's rush to the automobile.
- If you didn't get a ticket
- It's nothing personal. There's a 40-person limit and a line has to be drawn somewhere. But every good journey needs a send-off and homecoming party. Bubbles will be provided.
A rough timetable is as follows:
- 2:00-4:15 PM
- (Wedding Party only) Wedding pictures at various places around Lake Harriet. Meet at Jake and Arielle's apartment (#6) first.
- 4:30 PM
- Meet at Beard's Plaisance and take in the view.
- 4:45-5:30 PM
- By foot, bike, or even car, head on over to the trolley depot. Wear comfortable shoes if you plan to be a part of the walking procession to the trolley.
- 5:30 PM
- Trolley departs.
- 5:45 PM
- Trolley returns with one really happy couple. Celebration ensues.
- 5:45-10:00 PM
- Back to the shelter for some food and fun, Mexican style.